At North Country Family Health Center we guarantee your right to:
• To receive considerate and respectful care regardless of sex, age, race, religion, disability, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, or other personal characteristics including source of payment of your/or your child’s care.
• To receive the information you need about your/or your child’s health and medical conditions in a way you can understand, including interpreter services if you need them.
• To be involved in plans & decisions about your/or your child’s treatment, so that you can give your informed permission before any diagnostic or therapeutic procedure is performed.
• To refuse treatment and be informed of consequences.
• To seek a second medical opinion.
• To expect reasonable continuity of care and have a provider of your choice who is responsible for coordinating your care.
• To know the names and positions of people involved in your/or your child’s care by name tag or personal introduction.
• To ask for special arrangements if you have a disability.
• To know about the cost of your/or your child’s care; your eligibility for insurance help; and our Sliding Fee Scale and payment plan options.
• To receive information on after-hours coverage.
• To expect that your/or your child’s medical record will be kept confidential and released only with your written consent EXCEPT in cases of medical emergency, in response to court orders, suspected abuse, or if you threaten to harm yourself, others, or property. The members of your health care team will share among themselves the information that is necessary to guide their care of you.
For more information about your right to privacy please read carefully our HIPAA statement and Consent to Treat form (included in every Patient Registration Packet) and the Notice of Privacy Practices (located on the Privacy Practices tab on our website footer menu).